Friday, 20 January 2012

Camping holiday in Denmark...

 Owen helping put up the tent
 Cool swing @ the camp site
 Icy pole time!
 Quiet time camping style!
Packing up 2 days early!

When I booked for 5 nights camping in Denmark I thought I was being brave as the most we have managed so far is 3...if it hadn't been for the gastro bug that struck us down one by one I think we would have made it! Unfortunately Owen and Deccie had been sick in the few days before we left. But not to be deterred from our family holiday we packed the vomit bowl and set off...Ethan made it as far as Mt Barker before he was vomiting and Selby came down with it the following day! Luckily we did manage to do quite a bit despite being under the weather, however when I started to feel queasy and thunderstorms were forecast for the next day, the lure of our own beds and toilets was too much and we decided to cut our losses and drive home 2 nights early. I'm sure every family can tell stories of slightly disastrous family holidays and I'm sure this one will be ours!

No comments: