A spot of early morning fishing...
Selby caught a baby brim
I caught a baby flat head at the beach later that day...
We hoped the fishing would improve in Denham...3 more baby fish thrown back!
The boys decided that fishing was boring!
Fishing is a bit like gambling with intermittent small rewards after a lot of time being invested, luckily lack of success only results in lost time and not too much outlay of money, and it can also be quite relaxing! I have fond memories of catching herring off the jetty in Esperance as a child. I was also was lucky enough to catch a 19.5kg Spanish mackerel, on my 13th birthday, from our boat when we lived in Christmas Island. So I had high hopes for some successful fishing in Kalbarri then Denham (using the fishing rod I won from my photo being published in a fishing magazine with my impressive mackerel). Unfortunately we only seemed to be able to catch baby fish on our holiday, so we had to buy our fish from a fish and chip shop! The boys didn't have the patience and Selby resented the gender role reversal with me being the keen fisher-person and him having to entertain the kids on the beach/jetty. So we never fished for more than an hour at a time, which may have had something to do with it! Anyway my fishing itch has been scratched for a while at least :)
No comments:
Post a Comment